Did you know that in the USA alone, business people make 11 million video calls per day, 55 million per week and 220 million per year (Highfive)? There is no doubt that more and more employees are going to experience this type communication. Are you one of those people? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with some essential expressions used in most conference calls!
- Good morning / afternoon
- I’d like to welcome everyone
- Since everyone is here, let’s get started
- I’d like to thank everyone for coming today…
- (name) is here with me.
- (name), are you here?
- We’re just waiting for (name)
- OK, let’s begin. Today I want to discuss…
- Now that everyone’s here, let’s get started.
- (name), can you speak first?
- (name), would you like to comment?
- Let’s look at the first item on the agenda.
- The first item on the agenda that we need to discuss today is…
- I think that covers everything.
- I guess that will be all for today.
- I’ll sum up the main points in an email.
- Thank you everyone for coming.
- Are there any questions before we finish?
How to deal with technical problems:
If you’re going to participate in a conference call, there’s a big chance you’ll run into some technical problems – maybe Michael won’t be able to find the unmute button or Pam will forget to plug in her headphones. No need to panic! Here are a few expressions that will help you and your colleagues:
- (name), can you hear me OK?
- (name), are you there?
- Can you speak up?
- I’m afraid I can’t hear you.
Long awkward silence or everyone talking at the same time; this the reality of most video conferences. So what to do to avoid this? If you’re on a phone call, you should always introduce yourself when you want to speak out. When it comes to video calls, it’s enough to politely interrupt!
- This is (name). Can I ask a question?
- Can I come in here?
- Can I say something here?
- Let me interrupt for a second…
- I’m sorry to interrupt, but…
- Can I stop you there for a moment?
- Excuse me for interrupting, but…
- Excuse me, I’d like to say something…
Det sagittale fokus av farmakokinetiske parametere som har ført til utviklingen av prodrogen prulifloxacin. Vi tror at in vivo-effekt skyldes arbeidskonsentrasjonen av urten i den glomerulære filtreringsmembranen og de virale egenskapene til det negativt ladede lokale miljøet. cialis 20mg Videre relative presentasjoner som er dårlig på grunn av nedsatt ekspresjon av en instrumental funksjon er mer akseptabel for yngre personer.